Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Vegan Collars and Leashes

I had been looking for a while for a sturdy, comfortable collar for Sable. Obviously leather was out, and nylon didn't seem too comfy to me (and since my dog wears her collar 24/7, I wanted it to be comfy!) Then one day, I came across a pretty hemp collar by Planet Dog. It was very soft and flexible, and the fact that it was made with hemp, a renewable resource, was a plus. Check out the collars here (and don't forget to put an ID tag on that collar!). They also have matching leashes and assorted toys for sale, some made from recycled materials. The toys shaped like artichokes, eggplants, and strawberries seem especially appropriate for vegan dogs!


Hope all doggies out there are doing well and having fun. I'll be posting more recipes soon, promise!